Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 1996 20:39:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        phk@critter.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building a "custom" release of 2.1.0

It seems that Poul-Henning Kamp said:
> Yes, I have stayed out of the 2.1 business, since I don't have time/machines
> to test that too.  I hope we can get the crucial changes into 2.1 to make
> it boot on 4M machines, but otherwise it's too bad.

I   know NFS install  is nice  but I  think we  can get lot  of RAM without
it.  The GENERIC   I  used  for the  laptop   has  not  SCSI,  no  NFS,  no
Ethernet. Doing a set of floppies  for IDE only  systems would cut down the
kernel maybe enough for most 4 MB machines.

The release/Makefile is not too bad, once you understand it better :-)
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #1: Wed Jan 10 02:23:42 MET 1996