Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2012 05:37:16 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller23@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Chris Petrik <c.petrik.sosa@gmail.com>, m.tsatsenko@gmail.com, gahr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Conflict between lang/tcl85 and x11-toolkits/open-motif?

from Chris Petrik <c.petrik.sosa@gmail.com>:

> This can be fixed by using either the mentioned or if you require the tcl
> man pages add:
> WITHOUT_OPENMOTIF_MANUALS=yes to make.conf and rebuild open-motif.

> Chris

I looked in the Makefile again and found that TCL85_MAN is off by default,
Maybe I should stick to that and rebuild lang/tcl85 before retrying the rest
of the upgrade with portmaster.

But then how did I previously get away with installing man pages for both
lang/tcl85 and x11-toolkits/open-motif?  And why no warning in the Makefile
or somewhere else?

Why are these two ports set up to install man pages to the same directory, or
are the man pages of the same name and same directory really the same?

I just rebuilt lang/tcl85, took only about two minutes on new computer, was
successful, after unselecting TCL85_MAN option.

Tom