Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 11:06:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        kallio@cc.jyu.fi (Seppo Kallio)
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secure RPC revisited

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Seppo Kallio
had to walk into mine and say:

> Linux has also DES in passwd system. They do not have any question about
> US/NonUS in install as FreeBSD has. How have they solved this? If They
> have solved it somehow, why can't FreeBSD solve the problem same way?
>
> Seppo

I don't think the Linux people 'solved' this in any way. I think
they just went ahead and included the code and either weren't aware
of the export laws, or they were aware of them and just hoped that
nobody would notice what they were doing.

-Bill

 "If you're ever in trouble, go to the CTR. Ask for Bill. He will help you."