Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 2002 14:01:12 -0800
From:      Clint Olsen <clint@0lsen.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XMMS - mp3 sounds all muffled using Ensoniq AudioPCI

Someone else posted a question about this, and I didn't see any answers
about it.  Basically, the CD player sounds fair (there's probably noise
being picked up by the cable that runs from the sound card to the CDROM
device), but the MP3 sounds bad.  It's all muffled - very little high
frequency info).  I'm using the latest port XMMS 1.2.6.  I looked around on
the sound configuration to see if there was some sort of "loudness" contour
that was incorrectly enabled, but I didn't see anything relevant.

-Clint