Date:      14 Nov 2002 11:25:06 -0500
From:      David Magda <dmagda@number6.dyndns.org>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        Pierrick Brossin <pbrossin@swissgeeks.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NVidia - Games

Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org> writes:
[...]
> Finally, make sure you have $__GL_SINGLE_THREADED set to 1 or Quake
> will crash when you try to start it.  (Oddly, Return to Castle
> Wolfenstein had no such problem).
[...]

RtCW is single-threaded as far as I know. The admin of one of the
server (Charter) once said that on their dual-CPU server that one
CPU is always at 100%, and the other is idling.

Remeber that RtCW was a Windows games first, and how good is Windows
with threading? (Especially the Win9x series.)

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>