Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:54:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      dima@best.net (Dima Ruban)
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAM on FreeBSD (was Would this make FreeBSD more secure?)

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:
> > I wonder whether it's too late to change /usr/include/security to
> > something else like /usr/include/pam
>
> See the commit message.  John doesn't like it either, but there
> are good reasons for it nonetheless.  Good enough for him to
> exercise an option he himself found icky, anyway.

Right. His argument was that it would be not the best idea in the world
to hack each and every PAM module that we adopt.
To me - I'd rather ifdef all this stuff than have /usr/include/security
dedicated to PAM. I don't think we should repeat mistakes on some other
operating system. Especially since you've mentioned that we're not taking
modules from Linux (or at least not so many of them).

> - Jordan

-- dima