Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/30775: natd doesn't work with Path MTU discovery

The following reply was made to PR kern/30775; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To: Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:13:12 -0600

 On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 14:50:13 +0300, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
 > Actually, natd(8) (libalias(3)) handles these all right.
 > Make sure you are not blocking ICMP in your firewall.
 > Please send me the output from a "natd -v" session that
 > contains these ICMP packets.
 >
 > Having your firewall rules listed would also help.

 You're right, my firewall rules were blocking incoming icmp to the machines
 on the inside.

 I'll avoid clogging the PR database with my config, and I'll close the PR
 once this mail shows up in the PR database.

 Ken
 --
 Kenneth Merry
 ken@kdm.org