Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 2006 23:49:39 -0400
From:      "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
To:        ke han <ke.han@redstarling.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Subject:   Re: PERC 5/E SAS RAID in Dell PowerEdge 1950/2950

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 20:07, ke han wrote:
> On Sep 8, 2006, at 12:49 AM, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 11 Jun 2006, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> >
> >> All:
> >>
> >> Does anyone have details about the new PERC 5/E SAS RAID
> >> controller Dell
> >> is (or will soon be) shipping in the 1950/2950?
> >>

> > For the record, this is mfi(4).
>
> Have you done an install of FreeBSD 6.1 on a 1950/2950?  Does the
> install kernel automatically recognize RAID arrays you have setup

It finds the RAID controller fine.  However, we're very concerned about
the lack of a management CLI like ports/sysutils/megarc.

It's the DRAC5 virtual USB keyboard that requires you sacrifice your
moral integrity to obtain.  A small price to pay, considering the client
requires ActiveX and Java.

Also I had some problems with if_bce.c < rev1.7.  Media state confusion.

~BAS