Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:50:24 +0100
From:      uki <ukaszg@gmail.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg help

2013/1/31 Niclas Zeising <zeising@freebsd.org>:
> This should have been sent to x11@ instead.
> On 01/31/13 14:20, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>> long time ago  with CRT monitors i used xvidtune and defined my modeline
>> based on existing one.
>>
>> With LCD laptop Xorg automatically selected good one.
>>
>> Now with desktop and new LG monitor capable of 1920x1080 it uses 1024x768

You probably are using vesa driver, which is limited to 1024x768 max

>> What driver should i use with Atom D525? xf86-video-intel29 is the only
>> one that works, in spite of market as not supported.
Citing https://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU
 "Required usermode components are available in the ports tree, you
need to add WITH_NEW_XORG=true and WITH_KMS=true to /etc/make.conf. "

the driver you should use is xf86-video-intel (rebuild X/kernel if you
just changed make.conf)

I'm not sure if this is reqired, but my kernel has device i915kms and
device drm. With this configuration intel works perfectly.