Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:04:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de-noreply
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Opus diskettes

> As Terry Lambert wrote:
>
> > dd if=/dev/floppy skip=4k conv=swab of=file_without_VTOC
>                     ^^^^^^^
>
> This would IMHO skip 4k blocks = 2048 * 512 bytes.  Is this what you
> want? :-)  (The default bs is 512 bytes, and skip is measured in bs.)

Sorry; the man page for dd is ambiguous:

  Where sizes are specified, a decimal number of bytes is expected.  If the
  number ends with a ``b'', ``k'', ``m'' or ``w'', the number is multiplied
  by 512, 1024 (1K), 1048576 (1M) or the number of bytes in an integer, re-
  spectively.

and it has been a long time since I've had to do this for an OPUS (or
3B1 or 3B2) disk.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---