Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:58:22 +0300
From:      Dmitrij Tejblum <dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        Nakai@Mlab.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: x11/explorer build failure

Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  * I think, you have egcs (or gcc 2.8?) installed under /usr/local. So here
>  * you use stabdard c++, but link with /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a, installed
>  * by egcs (note -L/usr/local/lib)
[...]
> Hmm.  Is there anything I can do about it?  (Other than not installing
> egcs, that is...but this is the package building machine.)

I hope, it is not so big problem for package building, since you already have
MANUAL_PACKAGE_BUILD. But if somebody installed egcs, it does not mean that he
wanted to make standard c++ unusable! So, I think, egcs port should be fixed
somehow. For example, it should install its stuff under ${PREFIX}/egcs.

Dima