Date:      Mon, 02 Nov 1998 23:20:31 -0500
From:      "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@ChrisBowman.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Jos=E9_M=AA_Alcaide=22?= <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 440GX chipset?

At 11:36 PM 11/2/98 +0100, José Mª Alcaide wrote:
>Hello,
>
>We are going to purchase five PCs before the end of the year. They
>will be configured as workstations running under FreeBSD 3.0.
>We are now looking for a good motherboard: dual PII processor,
>UW SCSI, etc. Our usual choices are Asus and Iwill, but our
>main PC supplier offers now new machines based on Supermicro
>motherboards. More precisely, the Supermicro P6DGS, which is
>based on the Intel 440GX chipset. However, I don't have any references
>about that motherboard, and I would like to hear any stories
>from people using it with FreeBSD 3.0. Moreover, I don't know
>anything about the 440GX chipset. How does it compare to the
>440BX? Tom's hardware guide doesn't mention this chipset.
>Thanks,
>
>-- JMA

Tyans S1836DLUAN THUNDER 100 seems to be a _REALLY_ nice board, its got it all
and the only thing I would change is a dual channel U2W scsi Controller for
the
dual UW one.  I think this is going to be my next board.
http://www.tyan.com/html/s1836dluan.html
--------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@ChrisBowman.com