Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2007 00:27:30 -0500
From:      Lane <lane@joeandlane.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Michael Brady <Bmbrady77@charter.net>
Subject:   Where the fsck are my files? (Was: no subject)

On Saturday 31 March 2007 23:30, Michael Brady wrote:
> I am very new to Freebsd so this might be a dumb question, but I can't fi=
nd
> an answer through FAQ..
>

> I used the command "make install clean" to install some ported
> applications, and the installs went off without a hitch and reported
> successful.My problem is that I can't find the locations of the installed
> applications or the executables for the apps to run them.What am I missing
> here?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>
> Michael Brady
Michael,

=46rom the port directory, e.g. /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer, type this:

cat pkg-plist | more

This will show you the list of files and directories that were installed by=
=20
the

make install

command.

If you are using csh for your shell then the newly installed files will not=
 be=20
immediately available unless you type

rehash

from the shell where you invoked make.