Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:55:35 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sendmail domain configuration

--------------enig7E6F12EC78F1A0DA4E8AEFF2

stan wrote:
> I am trying to work around some design issues. Some of out FreeBSD maci=
nes
> must live in a made up domain. As a result from these machines gtes
> discarded by an sensible mail handling system.=20
>=20
> I have solved this problem on some Soalris machines that also si`uffer =
from
> this same design by settting the doamin macro in thier sendmail.cf as
> follows:
>=20
> Dj$w.realdomain.com
>=20
> OI know that in FreeBSD I should not edit sendmail.cf directly, but ins=
tead
> should edit the appropriate .mc file, and remake the .cf file. But I ca=
nnot
> find the documentation as to how to set this particular sendmail macro =
from
> the .mc file
>=20
> Can anyou give me some guidance here?=20
>=20

/usr/share/sendmail/cf/README documents what you can put into a sendmail =
=2Emc
file.  The specific thing you want is:

define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `$w.realdomain.com')dnl

Add this to the `hostname`.mc file, and then just type 'make' in /etc/mai=
l to generate a .cf file from it.  To generate and install that .cf file =
and restart sendmail to use it all in one, just do:

   # make all install restart=20

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20