Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 06:55:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Caleb Walker <caleb.walker@home.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CDROM

> I have a Yamaha 4416 ide cdrw.  I have a problem with it not working
> underFbsd.  Sometimes it might work but most of the time it does not.
> Is there something that I can do to make it work? On my Linux Partition
> it works fine but hardly ever on fbsd.  I dont know what I can tell you
> folks about it, I usually just use it to install the os and never have
> to worry about it.

	What kind of problems/errors are you seeing? If we can get a
specfic error message it'd help. In the meantime some things you might
want to check. Make sure it's either the slave on the primary IDE chain,
or master on the secondary (recommended.) Can you mount it? (mount_cd9660
/dev/acd0c /mnt/cdrom)

						Rick