Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:20:36 +0100
From:      jorgen@cyco.nl
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAID problems on Compaq DLT380 (FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE)

Hello all,

I've installed FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE on my Compaq DLT380 with integrated raid
controller.
The kernel recognizes the controller just fine and the installation went OK.

But now:
 When I remove one disk from the Array (configured as raid 5) and plug it back
in
 the rebuild process doesnt start.
 I would expect this to work automagically....
 Am I missing something obvious here? Do I need additional software?

Any help is very welcome!

Thanks,

Jorgen Maas