Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 1996 20:46:24 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        "Neil I. Fowler Wright" <neil@netclub-lon.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3 Questions.

You'd be better off sending each question in a separate message. I, for
one, only know about two of your questions...
Also, try to wrap your lines around column 72, please.

On Tue, 13 Aug 1996, Neil I. Fowler Wright wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a P100 with a 2Gig drive, which I split 700M DOS(Win95) and 1.2M FreeBsd
>
> 1.     When I installed Win95 it removed the operationg system selection menu
> at boot time which used to use F1 and F2.  Is there a way to recover this or do
> I have to reinstall FreeBSD ?
You can use the utilities in the \tools directory in the CD to reinstall
the boot manager. You'll have to run it from DOS though. Win95 (even in
DOS compatibility mode) won't do.

> 2.      I cannot get a correct X configuration for my Cirrus Logic 5446
> Card. Any ideas?
Don't know. I use a S3.

> 3.      Also my IDE CDROm (a sanyo) is available to the adapi boot disk,
> but not
> to the main Freebsd although their boot -c configuraions are identical.
You need to configure your kernel to use it. This includes:
1. uncommeting the lines
options	ATAPI
device	wcd0

2. Rebuilding the kernel (instructions for that are in the handbook).

3. Creating the device node like so:
cd /dev
sh MAKEDEV wcd0

4. Rebooting.