Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:09:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HEADS UP: devstat changes

I have just commited changes to devstat(9) that will require recompilation
of the following things:

libdevstat [ do this first! ]
systat
iostat
vmstat
rpc.rstatd

You'll have to recompile those things in order to use them with the new
kernel changes.

You will probably also have to recompile any ports that depend on
libdevstat.  (I think there are 2 or 3 sysinfo type ports that depend on
it.)

A buildworld/installworld will of course do all the upgrades automatically,
and that's the recommended course of action.

These changes are the same changes I checked into -current on February 9th,
with the addition of the ccd fix I made today, and with the exception of
the changes to atapi-cd.c, since that driver does not have devstat support
in -stable.

For those who are interested:  the changes implement different sorting
priorities for different devices, so that, for instance, da devices now
appear before fd devices, instead of after.  i.e., "more interesting"
devices appear before "less interesting" devices.

Thanks for Bruce Evans and David O'Brien for suggestions, reviewing the
code, etc.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry