Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:13:41 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@ds.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail + freebsd.org

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 03:20:04PM -0500, James A. Mutter wrote:

> Is it possible to tweak Sendmail so that hub.freebsd.org and others
> like it accept mail from the internal machine?  I've tried this before
> with Masquerading but it failed.  That leads me to believe that either
> (a) masquerading isn't enough or (b) I didn't implement it correctly.

I would bet on the second one.  I've been using sendmail with
masquerading for quite some time.  Then I used qmail, then postfix, now
I'm back to qmail, ad infinitum.

For an example setup that has worked for me with sendmail, you're
welcome to take a look at:
http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~keramida/freebsd/sendmail.html

The article is not yet finished, but the entire sendmail.mc file that
I've used when working with sendmail is there.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
For my public PGP key: finger keramida@diogenis.ceid.upatras.gr