Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:37:30 +0900
From:      FreeBSD4Me <fbsd@typhoon.co.jp>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   LOAD_CONFIG_FILE and unattended install

Mike,

I found your post regarding "unattended install" while
digging through the archive:

>We have actually supported unattended installs for some time >through
sysinstall's scripting support.  If there's an
>install.cfg file in the boot image MFS, it's run straight away.
>This lets you do everything that sysinstall handles, fully
>automatically.

I'd tried placing a install.cfg in the boot floopy (2.2.7R)
but the usual install menu came up:(

Also, according to the sysinstall(8) manpage:

   If sysinstall is compiled with LOAD_CONFIG_FILE set
   in the envi-ronment (or in the Makefile) to some value, then
   that value will be used as the filename to automatically look
   for and load when sysinstall starts up and with no user
   interaction required.

But when I did a "grep LOAD_CONFIG_FILE *" in

   /usr/src/release/sysinstall

I couldn't find any #ifdef LOAD_CONFIG_FILE lines.  In
fact the only occurance was in systinall.8!  Where did I
go wrong?  TIA for any pointers.

---end---