Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:57:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   set term = vt100

I get the message "you term of type "dialup" does not have the features to
run 'pine'"  I know I can type set term = vt100 to make it work.

But how to I automate it so that I don't have to type it in by hand, short
of putting that line in the .login script

What I want is the correct way to make it know that types 'ansi' 'dialup'
and 'unknown' are really 'vt100'  and if I used a different type of
connection it would recognize it for what it was.

maybe like:

if ($term = ansi)
	set term = vt100
endif

Would that work, I have tried a few ways, but no luck yet.
Let me know what I am missing.  Or should I just put "set term = vt100"
in everybody's .login?

TIA

Christopher J. Coleman (chris@bb.cc.wa.us)
Computer Support Technician I  (509)-766-8873
Big Bend Community College  Internet Instructor
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://vinyl.quickweb.com/fbsd-book/