Date:      Tue, 04 Sep 2007 23:38:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        hselasky@c2i.net
Cc:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: New USB stack - some updates

In message: <200709040810.48776.hselasky@c2i.net>
            Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net> writes:
: Hi,
:
: There hasn't been some many changes during the last month to my SVN repository
: nor P4 tree. Actually that is because my cable provider in Norway has been
: terribly slow providing me decent internet access. So there will be a big
: commit soon with lots of improvements.

Connectivity problems suck :-(

: Anyways, there are several changes coming soon, some of which might interest
: you:
:
: 1) Optimisations for embedded platforms
: 1.a) Reduced stack usage
: 1.b) Faster USB control transfers
: 1.c) Loading of DMA buffers with automatic cache synch operations.

Cool!  Which embedded platforms were targeted?  All but the last one
are useful on i386, so I assume thing else?

: 2) End of data bouncing in USB drivers. Using DMA buffers are now mandatory.
:
: 3) Some non-critical bug fixes.
:
: 4) Planned "USB device side" support. Currently only the "USB host side" is
: well supported.

This sounds very interesting.  Do you have a design that you can share
at this time?

: PS: I will be at EuroBSDcon in Denmark next week, available for comments.

Sadly, I'll not be able to make it to EuroBSDcon, as much as I wanted
to go.  Too many work obligations.

Warner