Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:27:42 +0200
From:      Andreas Tobler <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>
To:        Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>
Cc:        Andreas Tobler <andreastt@gmail.com>, FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RFC/H gdb6 port for powerpc

Hi Justin,

Justin Hibbits wrote:

> Thanks for taking on this port, maybe it'll fix the bug I filed against
> the base gdb.  I'll give it a shot when I get some time to test it.
>  Have you looked at any of the other BSDs for the necessary missing pieces?

yes, I did, and it was quite irritating to rely either on obsd or nbsd.
Obsd has a different ABI here, and nbsd too, we, fbsd lack the altivec
regs in reg(s).h.

My questions are in terms of signal handling and stack unwinding. How do
we do that, what are the 'correct' entry points etc.

I have to admit, I solved my thunderbird issue :) I could step into the
functions, even assembler stuff.

But the confusing part is the testsuite which makes me unsure and the
fact that we do not store/giving access to altivec regs, Nathan?

Thanks for the response,
Andreas