Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:36:06 -0800
From:      "Francis Abella" <archiver@db.geocrawler.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   smart array works CD doesn't

This message was sent from Geocrawler.com by "Francis Abella" <abellaf@allcet.com>
Be sure to reply to that address.

Thanks to everyone who helped get my Smart Array
221 recognized by FreeBSD!

dropped:
controller     ida0    at pci0 bio irq 11 vector
idaintr
controller     ida0
disk           id0        at ida0 drive 0
disk           id1         at ida0 drive 1
disk           id2        at ida0 drive 2
disk           id3         at ida0 drive 3
options                IDA_CUCKOO_MODE=0
into my kernel & my IDE CD-ROM isn't recognized
by FreeBSD.

I do get :

ida : port address (0xffffffff) out of range
ida0 not found

on the boot & have a feeling this somehow relates
to my woes.

does anyone have any ideas on how I get my CD-ROM
working?

I have:
CPQ Proliant 1600 7/500 w/ 256MB RAM
4 - 9 GB Plug w/ultra 2 SCSI HD's
    1 - in an array by itself as a "boot drive"
(RAID0)
    3 - in an array at RAID5
these are running on CPQ Smart Array 221 (on slot
4, bus 2)
an embedded IDE Controller (enabled as 2nd
controller [floppy is first on another embedded
IDE controller])
    running the CPQ CDR-8435 CD-ROM on IRQ 14

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TYIA

Geocrawler.com - The Knowledge Archive