Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:20:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot failure

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Steve Price wrote:

# I just rebuilt my -current Alpha with sources from earlier today.
# When I rebooted the machine I saw the following messages.
#
# ...
# jumping to bootstrap code
# *** no timer interrupts on CPU 0 ***
# \
# halted CPU 0
#
# halt code = 2
# kernel stack not valid halt
# PC = 7b555e85cfa773e0
# boot failure
# >>>

Update to my own question: This problem seems to be caused by the
following commit.  I reverted to revision 1.3 and things are working
as they should.

RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sys/boot/alpha/common/Makefile.common,v
revision 1.4
date: 1999/12/27 09:20:33;  author: peter;  state: Exp;  lines: +14 -4
Connect up the bootforth glue and compile it, but don't initialize it
at runtime as it has a nasty habit of crashing on the Alpha :-(.
This is being done this way so we have a common starting point for
debugging.