Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:26:51 GMT
From:      "gs_stoller@juno.com" <gs_stoller@juno.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDROM

	I can read from my  CDROM  under  Windows 98 , but when I try =

to read from it under  FreeBSD 4.3  I get told that the device is busy.
My presumption is that either part of the device driver is corrupted, =

or there is some status data kept long time that is never reset but it =

tells the system that the device is busy.
	What can I do to resolve the difficulty?  If I need a new copy =

of the device driver, where can I get it (do I need to know the type of
 CDROM  that I have, I believe it is  ATAPI )?