Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 1996 12:44:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel Atlantis problems

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got an Intel Atlantis MB (the one with an on-board video and
> soundcard). I have a strange problem with FreeBSD (only tried 2.1R):
>
>     the screen goes blank soon after probing sc0:

I wonder if the onboard is a mach64.  Have you tried modifying
/sys/i386/isa/sio.c and removing the com4 check?

Line 342:  remove the last address so it reads:

static Port_t likely_com_ports[] = { 0x3f8, 0x2f8, 0x3e8, };

> I tried to disable all the strange things in the bios (video palette
> snooping, auto configuration of HD, plug&play, etc. but with no
> success. Any suggestion/success report ?

Did you try disabling all the comports?

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant