Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 22:05:17 -0400 (AST)
From:      Jeff <jeff@tsunamicreek.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   burncd

Hi Folks,

I'm having difficulties burning cds with burn cd.

FreeBSD bart.bignose.ca 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #17:
Wed Feb 27 19:55:12 AST 2002   root@bart2.bignose.ca:/usr/src/sys/compile/BART  i386

bart# dmesg | grep -i cd
acd0: CD-RW <LG CD-RW CED-8120B> at ata1-master using PIO4
cd9660: RockRidge Extension

The system is a 1 gig thunder bird with 384 megs of ram.
The burner is on it's own ide channel, the other channel
has 2 7200 rpm maxtor 20 gigs.

This is the command i'm using from inside a directory full
of files.

burncd -f /dev/acd0c -s 12 data * fixate

All of the files appear to burn just fine, however if i try
to mount the cd i get.

bart# mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom
mount_cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

Likewise , my windows XP machine will not read the disk either.

I tested other cd's burned by the same drive when this machine
ran XP and not fbsd, and they worked fine.

Any help would be great !

Thanks