Date:      Sat, 12 Dec 1998 12:11:56 +0900
From:      MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
To:        brian@Awfulhak.org, luigi@iet.unipi.it
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ESS1868 patches

Hi.
Brian and Luigi.

>I did jump the gun with this - and didn't even go via Luigi.  I had a
>lot of embarassment at work over this; I got a new laptop, suspended
>and resumed and got the whole department looking at me for the best
>part of a minute while I figured out how to get a mixer program to
>shut it up.
>
>I've only actually worked there for about a month :-/

  I already solved SBPro and ESS18xx mixer problem with Luigi's
driver and I posted Problem Report(pr) as below....... Sometime I
discussed about this PR on multimedia mailing list and hardware
mailing list..... but not yet hackers mailing list.....

i386/8684: [Patch] Sound only come out from left channel with SBPro/pcm0

>If the consensus is that the changes should be backed out, be my
>guest (or give me a shout and I'll pull them back out).

  Did you have a white noise problem, brian?  I and some user
reported this problem with our patch and fjoe patch.  OSS/FreeBSD
commercial sound driver does not have this problem, by experience.

  I do not mind whether back out or not fjoe's patch. I only hope to
fix white noise problem and have a good FreeBSD life :)

Cheers.
MIHIRA Yoshiro