Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 20:24:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Annoying ARP warning messages.

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, Kevin Stevens wrote:

> On Saturday, Oct 26, 2002, at 16:20 US/Pacific, Julian Elischer wrote:

> > well, WHY is it seeing the same MA addresses on both interfaces?
>
> Because they're on the same network, as described above.

Don't get snooty..
the question is :"why do you want to do that?
Is it to get more bandwidth?

> > Is this your attempt to get more throughput using 2 logical nets
> > through
> > the same switch?
>
> No.
ok, then..... "why?"

> >   I'd fork out the extra $5 for switched cable and
> > connet them together directly and bypass the switch (for teh 2nd link)
> > (probably faster too)
>
> Then you'd be as unsuccessful at meeting my requirements as you've been
> unresponsive to the question I asked.

Well since you don;t SAY what your requirements are, I can only try
guess.. and as you have now said hta tit is not the only valid reason I
can think of, I can;t think of any other reason to do what you are
trying to do.

> Fortunately Mr. Bowman promptly gave me the answer below, which is
> exactly what was needed.

which is fine but I'm stilll puzzled as to why someone would want to do
that if it's not to get extra bandwidth.
hmm maybe redundancy? but then you'd need an extra switch as well...