Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 11:33:47 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: In summary.. [Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 release on September 25th]

[Watch your cc line, boofoo; you just cc'd -stable TWICE]

> This doesn't negate Garance's excellent description of how PRs [don't]
> work for general purpose / non-maintainer submissions.

I didn't say it negated anything, I simply said that in this
particular case, it's down to those two developers.

As to how and why PRs don't work, that's kind of a pointless argument
until/unless someone has something better to suggest.  Nobody likes
the PR database and has cursed it since almost the first week of its
adoption, but the whole singing-and-dancing keystone replacement
project never left the ground.  Ahem.

> the system for whatever reason, we should be taking a serious look at
> just giving him maintainership of lpr so he can apply his umpteen new

You know how the proposal-for-committers process works.  Go for it.

- Jordan