Date:      Tue, 06 May 2008 11:04:14 -0600
From:      etoakes <eoakes@comcast.net>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gio-fam-backend cannot find -lgio-2.0

hello,

I am trying to install openoffice on a fresh freebsd 7.0 install with
kde, apache, and mysql among others already installed.

I installed my ports collection a few days ago.

  make of openoffice.org-2-RC fails with the following error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0
gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1

I have tried a make directly in /usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend and get
the same error.

A ls of gio-fam-backend/ work has a gio directory returns:
configure_done.gio-fam-backend._usr_local
.patch_done.gio-fam-backend._usr_local
.extract_done.gio-fam-backend._usr_local        glib-2.16.3

A ls -F of glib-2.16.3 returns in part:

gio/
gio-2.0-uninstalled.pc
gio-2.0-uninstalled.pc.in
gio-2.0.pc
gio-unix-2.0-uninstalled.pc
gio-unix-2.0-uninstalled.pc.in
gio-unix-2.0.pc
gio-unix-2.0.pc.in

I searched the freebsd-gnome Archives for "gio" and "gio fam' and did
not find any reference to this problem. A google also did not return
anything usefull.

I have looked at the makefile but I am unable to find how it needs to be
modified to correct this error.

thank you for any help you can give in working around this problem.

Edwin Oakes (eoakes@comcast.net)