Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:08:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        Andrew Thompson <andy@fud.org.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aironet 350

Andrew Thompson writes:
| I have a Cisco Aironet 350 wireless card which I am using in my FreeBSD
| laptop. It works well except for the monitor mode, if I type the
| follwoing commands the laptop will reset itself (no kernel panic, goes
| straight to the post startup).
|
| < insert card >
| ancontrol -i an0 -M 3
| ifconfig an0 up

Well I don't do it that order.  So maybe something busted.  Are you running
X when you do this.  If you run X you are not likely to see a panic.
Try to do it just from syscons.  Also make sure you have kernel core
dumps setup on your machine.  None of that should matter though since
it doesn't actually go into monitor mode until it is put in promiscous mode.

| I am running "FreeBSD 4.7-RC #0: Wed Sep 25 11:26:38 NZST 2002" on a
| Compaq evo n1000v and the card model is a AIR-PCM352.  I have googled
| but not found anything, has anyone else come across this?

I haven't heard.

Doug A.