Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 2009 23:23:10 +1200
From:      Andrew Turner <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
To:        Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD NAND flash driver

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 23:27:41 +0800
Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net> wrote:

> Andrew Turner wrote:
> >> What about putting this information to the wiki? Seems like a good
> >> start for anyone who'll be working on the real hardware.
> >> And thanks again for the great work!
> >>
> > I'm planning on doing this. I'm currently cleaning up the code
> > before getting the first hardware driver written.
> >

> I have Intel turbo memory in my laptop, so if you need some testing
> please let me know.
The Intel Turbo memory appears to be based on the Non-Volatile Memory
Host Controller Interface [1]. The NAND driver talks directly to
devices that approximate the ONFI spec so the NAND driver wouldn't be
able to talk to the Intel Turbo memory as far as I can tell.

Andrew

[1] http://www.intel.com/standards/nvmhci/index.htm
[2] http://onfi.org/