Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2007 08:20:47 -0600
From:      "Kirk Davis" <Kirk.Davis@epsb.ca>
To:        "Miroslav Lachman" <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD on a Dell XPS M1210

Miroslav Lachman responded with:
>Kirk Davis wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> 	Has anyone installed FreeBSD 6.x (or 7.x)  on a Dell XPS M1210=20
>> laptop?
>>=20
>> 	Specs:
>> 	Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33Ghz
>> 	2 Gig RAM
>> 	256MB Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 TurboCache
>> 	Intel Pro/Wireless 3945
>> 	Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition
>> 	Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0
>>=20
>> 	I'm thinking of purchasing one with the intel but wanted to
check the=20
>> list for feedback first.
>
>I have XPS 1210 and tried FreeSBIE LiveCD (based on fbsd 6.2) on it.=20
>Sound + WiFi + Bluetooth is not working. HD sound patch is somewhere on
the net and is/will be in 7.x, WiFi driver of pre-alpha quality >is also
somewhere available.

OK.  Thanks for the feedback.  I may just have to put in a atheros
mini-pci wireless card for now then.  The Bluetooth not working is a
bummer though.  I have a number of Bluetooth devices that I use with my
current laptop and FreeBSD 6.2.  Does anyone know if some one is working
on a driver for this Bluetooth device?

Anyone have any experience with the video. I have always been a fan of
NVIDIA and dedicated video ram but I have heard of some problems with
NVIDIA + ACPI + DRI driver.  Without getting to much of a religious
war... Here are my two choices:
	Integrated Intel(r) Graphics Media Accelerator 950=20
	256MB NVIDIA(r) GeForce(tm) Go 7400 TurboCache

Any comments on the video on any platforms?

---- Kirk