Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 1998 01:21:41 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        max@wide.ad.jp
Subject:   any working elf snapshot available?

Hi,

I've been struggling with aout-to-elf upgrade.  At the beginning, it
seemed to be running ok, but as I updated my box to -current as of
about 12 hours ago, it looks miserable.  Actually, -current from about
80 hours ago acted oddly, but not much as it is now.  So, I'm looking
for snapshot of ELF system that is known to be work without problem.

Here's my situation in case anyone is interested in, or hopefully can
help me out.

The -current as of three days ago had problem with kernel that has
firewall support configured in.  Once I removed it and started using
LKM for that functionality, it worked fine, though.

Now, the -current as of 12 hours ago doesn't even boot.  Well, it
does, but it doesn't stay up even for a minute.  I cannot remember
what exactly the panic was, but it was something like, dereferencing
page that are in use.  This was a case with the GENERIC kernel and it
happend to me when I started vi in the single user mode.

When I used mu custom kernel, which I've been using more than a few
months, it didn't even get to the single user mode.  I will take note
what exactly all those messages are if I'm still suffering from this
tomorrow.

     Cheers,
Max