Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 14:08:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        michaelv@HeadCandy.com (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com)
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Some recent changes to GENERIC

> Maybe I have a bad attitude, but...  This is Unix.  If they can't or
> don't want to build their own kernel, they should be running Windows
> or OS/2.

This is Unix, the most sophisticated OS available.  It should support
use of fallback drivers and dynamic loading of replacement devices
as needed, so if they can't or won't build their own kernel, it will
have no effect on their ability to run the system, one way or another.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.