Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 22:45:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        John Clark <jrclark@felix.iupui.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best UPS for FreeBSD??

On Mon, 20 May 1996, John Clark wrote:

> I was wondering what everyone seems to be using for UPS under FreeBSD.  A
> cursory glance of the ports collection reveals no UPS software.  If this is
> true, I will port one from Linux, however, it seems quite impossible that
> there is not already an alternative...

There is actually some code on the 2.1 CDROM in the experimental
package for communicating with an APC Smart-UPS.  I actually just
ordered an APC Smart-UPS v/s 420 and it is supposed to arrive on
Wednesday.  Email me in a week or two to see how I like it.  Also
check the mailing list archives as there is some discussion of
the topic.

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================