Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:01:31 +0100
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Timm Florian Gloger <timm.gloger@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install freeze while or immediately after finish copying the ports-collection

--7iMSBzlTiPOCCT2k

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 05:22:34PM +0100, Timm Florian Gloger wrote:
> If i just install a minimal system as Brandon suggested, the=20
> installation process works properly (except that disk geometry allegedly=
=20
> wrong, but the system-guessed values are correct for LBA mode).

Well, that's something.

> >How do you know that the network card doesn't work? If you go to the
> >emergency shell (alt-F4, IIRC) and type 'ifconfig', does it show a
> >network interface with 'media: Ethernet'?
> >
>=20
> Yes. The card is detected and also configured while the install process,=
=20
> but every try to connect to a ftp server fails.

Do you have a router and/or firewall? If so, is it configured correctly
to let ftp from this machine through?

<snip>
> So is it possible to instruct the sysinstall to write its bootloader to=
=20
> the mbr of the master harddisk and detect and conigure winxp for dual boo=
t?

I think this is covered in the Handbook.

Roland
--=20
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt