Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:37:05 -0600
From:      Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Still getting dirty buf panic

Hi all,
  I just got another dirty buf panic while trying to write to a write
protected disk.  The command I ran was this:

dd if=mfsroot.flp of=/dev/fd0a

  I probably should have used /dev/fd0c or /dev/fd0, but it doesn't
eliminate the problems that the machine is rebooting.  The machine is an
upgrade from 2.2.8-STABLE, to 3.1-RELEASE, CVSup on 2/16/99.  Why is this
still happening?  The messages I got where:

.... Bunch of bad writes to write protected disk ...
Tried to Ctrl-C, then
Syncing disks ... 92 92 92 92 92 92 92 92 ... (more)
panic <valinval>: dirty bufs  # Maybe not exactly, I couldn't catch the
whole thing.

Then reboot.

Anyone seen this lately.  I thought it had been fixed...

Thanks,
Ben
  Benjamin Gavin - Senior Consultant