Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:02:28 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2 build problem

dennis stands accused of saying:

> When compiling our driver, the file sys/conf.h includes a file ioconf.h
> (that is a #include of /usr/include/machine/conf.h) is missing.
>
> Does anyone know where its SUPPOSED to be, and why I don't seem
> to have it?

It's generated by 'config' when you configure your kernel.  Either
there is something wrong with your kernel configuration and config is
not generating it, or you have something else mucked up.

If you are building an LKM, bsd.kmod.mk defines ACTUALLY_LKM_NOT_KERNEL
and ioconf.h isn't picked up.

If that's not helpful enough, throw us some more details and we'll see
what we can do to help.