Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2016 19:41:26 +0100
From:      Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Brandon Allbery <allbery.b@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: output to file different than console. (ssh and zfs )

Op 10/03/16 om 19:18 schreef Brandon Allbery:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Johan Hendriks
> <joh.hendriks@gmail.com <mailto:joh.hendriks@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     ^[]0;storage2.server.mydomain.com
>     <http://storage2.server.mydomain.com>;
>
>     ^Gstorage/home/datadir1@15min_2016-03-09_22.20.00--1h
>     storage/home/datadir2@15min_2016-03-09_22.20.00--1h
>     storage/home/datadir3@15min_2016-03-09_22.20.00--1h
>     storage/home/datadir4@15min_2016-03-09_22.20.00--1h
>

> The ^[ .. ^G stuff is trying to write the hostname to a terminal
> emulator's status bar. Check for the shell on that machine having some
> kind of precmd (zsh) / $PROMPT_FUNCTION (bash) or just an echo like
> that in its dotfiles.
>
> --
> brandon s allbery kf8nh                               sine nomine
> associates
> allbery.b@gmail.com <mailto:allbery.b@gmail.com>
>            ballbery@sinenomine.net <mailto:ballbery@sinenomine.net>
>  http://sinenomine.net
Now you mention this, after the command, the tab in xterm was changed to
the remote machines name, I saw that but did not see the link.

The remote machine uses csh, and I have for that machine set the
following in .cshrc

alias mytitle 'printf "\033]0;$HOST\a"'
mytitle

I use this so I have my server name in TAB, not in my 9.x machines, so
that is the reason I do not see it there.
Is there a way around it? I like the named TABs :D

Thank you for your time

regards
Johan