Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 19:12:44 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE and KDE

Odhiambo Washington schrieb:

> Hi
> Please allow mw to ask these 2 questions. The answers might be somewhere but I don't seem to be able to locate them.
>
> 1. Does everyone else running this version of FreeBSD change the install option to 4.1-STABLE while installing from the ports via
> /stsnd/sysinstall the way I have to do it everytime?

I also have this problem. It seems to be related to a floppy disk/ftp
install. I'll investigate this in more detail later this week.

> 2. Does anyone know why whenever I passwd-lock my screen in KDE it cannot allow me to unlock it? I type the same passwd I login with
> and it just says 'failed'
> I don't seem to see this in their documentation.

The screensaver modules (*.kss, AFAIR) need their suid bit set. They are
not because this poses a security risk. Search the mail archives for KDE
about eight weeks ago, it was discussed in all gory details.

HTH
-Christoph Sold