Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 19:05:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   bin/1785: vgrind didn't work correct!

>Number:         1785
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       vgrind works not as described in the man page!
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE i386
>Environment:

	FreeBSD-2.1.5 system!

    Vgrind didn't work as described in the manpage:

      1) There are no "and the name of  the current function is listed down
         the margin of each page as it is encountered" (cite out of manpage)

	 The page consists of the file name on the top (left and right)
	 the listing (keywords bold, comments italic, ...) and the date
	 and page number on the bottom of each page. There are no function
	 definition at the margin. I output the page on a PostScript
	 HP LaserJet V via 'vgrind file.c'

      2) No index file is produced. If I understand the manpage right, the
	 creation of index (touch ./index)  in the current directory
	 should produce a index file of the functions, which could be
         printed with 'vgrind -x index' but the file index is always empty.

>How-To-Repeat:

     See above. call vgrind with any C-source file and look at the output.
     Create the file index in the current directory, call vgrind again with
     the C-source file and look into ./index it's always empty.

>Fix:

     Don't know.