Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:28:07 -0500
From:      "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>
To:        "Chris Laverdure" <dashevil@sympatico.ca>, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 6.0 and onwards

I read a discussion off of one of the linux lists about this. If I=20
recall correctly, the owner of that software justifies it by saying=20
that normally you have to pay for a license. Since he was not=20
charging the linux ppl for it, he felt like he could put terms like=20
that into their license, with his out being 'if you don't like it,=20
you can buy a real license.'

I believe if you buy a real license to use BitKeeper vs. using their=20
goofball 'free' license you can develop whatever you want.=20

I have no say since I don't develop anything, but my 2 cents is, that=20
product should not be used out of principle, even if it does everything
that needs to be done and more. The discussion I read pretty clearly
described to me the owner's attitude; it is not an attitude I would wish
to validate through support of the product.

-Will