Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 95 04:46 EDT
From:      root@hba2.hba.org (root)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kernel IPFW and accounting...

A kernel question for you....

	I just posted to a couple of BSD newsgroups and one Linux group about
the IPFW code in the kernel.  Mainly, before I bug you with a litany of questios I am curious if there is documentation somewhere....  If so, where ? And
how complete is it ?  I am not a kernel hack, so the source helps but not
completely.
	Secondly, if there is no doc on this particular subject, could you
fill me in on a couple of things...

1) Where does IPFW log data ?  How is it configured ?

2) How does one configure firewalling in the kernel (to accept or reject packets
   from a particular location, etc).

3) Would TCP wrappers, i.e., Venema's package, complement the aforementioned
   features ?

If you can point me to some docs, and that would be easier than explaining,
please feel free.  On the other hand, if there are no docs. I would be interested in putting some together, since I think there is a need....

  Also, please DO NOT reply to the address in the header.  The system shown
there is connected via SLIP and will bounce mail if not online.  (No POP)
Please EMAIL:

			intercpa@msen.com

				Thanks

I will summarize and repost any info you send along.  (Probably to comp.os.free
bsd.questions)