Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 19:31:20 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Fwd: UDI Project]

--------------C451C0734AB4E401B2B2CBDF

Sorry for the crossposting, but this is of general interest...it's good
to be polite :-).

	Pedro.
--------------C451C0734AB4E401B2B2CBDF

From: Kevin Quick <kquick@iphase.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:05:29 -0500 (CDT)
To: "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
Cc: udi@core.rose.hp.com
Subject: UDI Project

Pedro F. Giffuni writes:
 > Hello:
 > I have used SCO, Solaris, AIX, and lately FreeBSD, and I clearly see the
 > advantages this project can have. First of all, as a UNIX user, let me
 > say UDI is a brilliant idea, and kudos to all the people involved.
 >
 > Please consider supporting FreeBSD-3.x (http://www.FreeBSD.org) as a
 > target platform for your project, I am sure the core team will be glad
 > to help porting this if a pre-release is available.
 >
 > kindest regards,
 >
 > 	Pedro F. Giffuni
 > 	Universidad Nacional de Colombia

Pedro,

We definitely appreciate your interest and support for UDI.

At present, we don't have anyone participating from the FreeBSD
perspective and I don't think the current participants have the
bandwidth at the moment to work on FreeBSD.  I would, however, invite
yourself and other members of the FreeBSD core team to become involved
in UDI to facilitate FreeBSD support for UDI.

We are an open working group; anyone may join.  Furthermore, our
current specifications are available from our Web site:

	http://www.sco.com/UDI

which would allow FreeBSD to begin development of UDI support.
Publicly available sample code from Intel and the other member
organizations will also become available over the next few months.

Again, thank you for your interest and feel free to join in or just
give us periodic feedback.

Regards,
  Kevin