Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 1995 11:22:35 -0500
From:      Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
To:        Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: watchdog board?

At 01:22 AM 9/8/95 -0700, Brian Litzinger wrote:
>Is there a cheap card out there that will push the reset button for
>me if my machine hangs up?

Don't have the details in front of me, but Galacticomm (the BBS people) have
a magazine with this board advertised. It was expensive for what it did
(About $200 as I recall, a friend bought one for his bbs). The "keep-awake"
program was dos-tsr based, so you would need to write something for it.
Basically, it sent a timer reset signal to the board, and if the timer ever
expired, it hit the switch. Unfortunately, the design substituted for the
reset switch, rather than hooking up parallel. (You could rewire it easily
enough, though.)

Check boardwatch magazine for Galacticomm.

Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
AOS/VS, FreeBSD, DOS:
I'm caught in a maze of twisty little command interpreters, all different.