Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 10:48:31 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        Peter Schwenk <schwenk@voicenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PERL_VERSION in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.ports.mk

Peter!

On 1999/05/05 Mark Murray has upgraded the system Perl to 5.00503.
Since this, it is now impossible to build perl-dependant ports
using 3Xupgrade kits.  You should upgrade to the latest -STABLE
(using `make world'):

markm       1999/05/05 06:19:11 PDT

  Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_3)
    contrib/perl5        Changes Configure Copying EXTERN.h
                         INSTALL INTERN.h MANIFEST Makefile.SH
[...]
  Log:
  MFC: Upgrade to Perl 5.00503