Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:40:16 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@freebsd.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ahc driver: aic7892 no longer supported

> >Looks like I've got a similar problem only its aic7880/wide
> >I've got a Dell optiplex 450 with an Adaptec 2940uw controller which can
> >boot but can't "mountroot".
>
> Perhaps something happend recently that makes it difficult to get
> "largish" chuncks of contiguous memory?  You'll have to instrument
> the driver to find out where the attach is failing.  Start by going
> into aic7xxx.c:ahc_init() and adding a printf to all of the early
> returns.  If that doesn't catch it, do the same for
> aic7xxx_pci.c:aic7xxx_config().

In aic7xxx_pci.c:ahc_pci_config() the call to ahc_pci_map_int(ahc) is
failing.  bus_alloc_resource() appears to need more time than I have
right now so that will have to wait till tonight :-)  It does look like
a more fundamental problem below the scsi driver is involved.

Thanks Justin.

Later

Mark Hittinger
Earthlink